Elastic Search: Used to Enhance E-commerce Search
Elasticsearch carries the core features that are required for building robust search applications, ranging from intranet to e-commerce search. The usage of Elasticsearch in e-commerce can enable a high level of flexibility, relevancy, and other specific features that support conversion and retention. Let us now look at this concept more briefly.
Elasticsearch can be arranged to render search features to e-commerce sites such as spell correction, auto-suggestion, faceted search, synonyms, price ranges, results pagination and many more. This also needs a proper setup for fulfilling your expectations and business goals, just like any other open-source solution.
- Content processing -
Usually, the product catalogs have little metadata or aren’t correctly indexed by the search engine. Before indexing to the search engine, an automated content processing pipeline is applied to normalize, extract, and creamy it.
- Search quality analysis -
A search quality analyst has expertise in evaluating the users’ search queries and giving suggestions for a user-friendly search experience. As a result, it bridges the buyer’s intent and product catalog’s vocabulary. Human language can be quite complicated for them. Since it consists of powerful filters, we are provided with the result even if we write small words.
- Replatforming -
You don’t have to give a second thought if you were wondering whether you should migrate your current site search platform to Elasticsearch. In order to implement and recommend the most appropriate migration approach, Elasticsearch can assess your system performance and needs.
- Search result personalisation -It can be combined with big data technologies such as Hadoop, to provide the users with a truly personalised search experience. In log analytics, Elastic Stack (Kibana, Beats, Logstash, and Elastisearch) is used to personalise results and to analyse queries.
- Search engine scoring -It is a proven methodology for improving and measuring your search engine depending on the statistical scores.
- Scaling Elasticsearch -They are experienced in helping the customers to scale their search applications to more than billions of documents.
- Fuzzy search -Instead of focusing on keywords as any other e-commerce shopping cart does, this is a semantic approach for determining the user’s intent.
- Speed -Almost every shopping cart uses MySQL. These are powerful yet slow, especially if your catalog is in the tens of thousands. Every minute, every second, counts in e-commerce.
- Suggestions -Elasticsearch makes it possible to let the user know that something is wrong and can suggest them the right phrase to select. This important feature is also known as “Did you mean?” This is another way of getting a satisfied customer.
When talking about Elasticsearch’s expertise, we should not forget that about 200+ consultants are well-versed in content processing, search engines, and big data techniques. Over the last years, it has helped many small and large e-commerce companies to improve their revenues by rendering the best experiences.
Elasticsearch is used by the real big players in the market such as Cisco, Microsoft, Facebook and Uber due to its powerful text-search capabilities. Since the big players are using it and placing their faith, we can use and trust it too.