Elasticsearch to Improve Cybersecurity
Different enterprises’ cybersecurity teams use Elasticsearch for security information and event management (SIEM). Initially, Elasticsearch was not the first option for many firms or enterprises. They switched to Elasticsearch because of its advantage of anomaly detection and log monitoring. With the evolvement of a company’s needs, more data are required to be ingested, and millions of documents are needed to be searched.
Other than Elasticsearch, other search engines can ingest only a specific amount of data per day which curbed the company’s ability in the addition of more data. Speed proved to be a barrier too. Other search engines weren’t as fast as Elasticsearch and took about forever to be load or to search for data. In this way, much valuable time was diverted away from data analysis. Elasticsearch proved to be a great replacement to those search engines.
Enterprises and companies prefer Elasticsearch for cybersecurity due to the following reasons:
- In the case of Elasticsearch, there is not any limit in the data to be ingested.
- With the help of Elasticsearch, searches can be made in the blink of an eye.
- It is expandable with the use of resources and hardware, which makes it more appealing.
- Instead of spending money on ingestion costs, it can be spent in the advancement of the search engine, in the case of Elasticsearch.
- Its speed is comparatively more than other search engines.
Thus, with the use of Elasticsearch, companies, and enterprises were able to increase cybersecurity.
Elasticsearch can be used in enhancing cybersecurity with the help of SIEM. Security information and event management (SIEM) is a step towards security management that is a combination of SIM (security information management) and SEM (security event management). This combination functions as a single security management system referred to as SIEM.
- It helps in the aggregation of relevant data from a wide variety of sources.
- It helps in the identification of deviations from the norm.
- In case of a potential issue, it generates an alert.
- Advanced SIEMs include UEBA (user and entity behaviour analytics) and SOAR (security orchestration and automated response).
- All the security-related data can be observed from a single point of view using SIEM, which makes it easier and simpler for organizations to detect problems and errors.
- To gather and collect security-related events, SIEM work by making use of multiple collection factors in a hierarchical method.
Elasticsearch in cybersecurity makes the data ingestion process easier. It also helps in the enhancement of a company’s cybersecurity by identifying and addressing security issues. It helps in the quick identification of machines interacted with an infected device in order to resolve the issue.
Elasticsearch development services is used to power investigation and helps in the management of cybersecurity. Elasticsearch is the perfect choice to improve cybersecurity because of its speed, versatility, ability to expand, real-time search capacity, and scalability.